Physical Support / Fitness personnel work as a team to provide services that maximize the individual's abilities and independence by promoting health and wellness, improving strength and function, maintaining assistive mobility equipment operations, and providing disability information and referral. The unit is staffed by a Physical Therapist, Mechanician, and gym monitors. If you would like to discuss your current fitness regimen, or equipment needs, please contact Sherry Santee (626-5490).
ADAPTIVE FITNESS GYM:
Exercise programs are designed to fit your goals. Assessments and treatments are provided for short term or on-going needs. A variety of weight lifting and conditioning equipment is available.
- Uppertone exercise equipment
- Equalizer multi-station machines
- Hoist and Hammer Strength machines
- Versatrainer (Bow Flex type) machine
- Saratoga Upper Extremity Ergometer
- SCI Fit upper and lower body ergometers
- Nu Step recumbent stepper
- Free weights
- Cuff Weights/Exercise mats
** Our Adaptive Fitness Gym is also open to individuals with disabilities in the Tucson community with 4 month and yearly memberships available.
- Standing Frames (belt stander and Easy Stand Glider)
- Wheelchair accessible scale
- ADL training and assessment for ADL equipment
- Evaluations for wheelchair and seating systems needs
- Heat, ice, paraffin
- Campus and City wide disability resource information