The adaptive athletic program has a variety of weight training facilities available for students. These include a number of different facilities; the Campus Recreation Center, the varsity weight facilities at Mckale Memorial Center, and the adaptive gym at the Disability Resources. The McKale program offers training opportunities that make the University of Arizona unique among Division I schools. The varsity weight room and Strength Staff are available to student athletes with disabilities. The Adaptive Gym has a variety of equipment designed specifically for easy access and the ability to exercise without transferring from the wheelchair. The Disability Resources's strength Coach and Physical Therapist determine which facility or combination of facilities is most appropriate for each adaptive fitness participant.
DRC ADAPTIVE FITNESS GYM:
Exercise programs are designed to fit your goals. Assessments and treatments are provided for short term or on-going needs. A variety of weight lifting and conditioning equipment is available.
- Uppertone exercise equipment
- Equalizer multi-station machines
- Hoist and Hammer Strength machines
- Versatrainer (Bow Flex type) machine
- Saratoga Upper Extremity Ergometer
- SCI Fit upper and lower body ergometers
- Nu Step recumbent stepper
- Free weights
- Cuff Weights/Exercise mats