There are several things that you, as an instructor, can do to assure all your students have access to course materials in a format that is accessible with assistive technologies and mobile devices.
- Select and order your books early
- You may be contacted by DRC if your order has not been received by the Bookstore by its priority date
- Ensure an electronic version of the text is accessible for assistive technologies and possibly mobile devices
- Prepare your course syllabus early. Be sure to include dates and pages for required readings
- Assist in locating print materials for conversion
- Your student or DRC may contact you for a copy of your book, syllabus or online materials in order to scan them and create accessible electronic files
Accessibility of D2L/Online Materials:
- Post accessible information on D2L, Blackboard, or course Website
- All students will have immediate access to readings
- Information about creating accessible pdf documents
Contact DRC at 626-9409 or email@example.com if you would like additional information about the accessibility of course materials.