Connecting with DRC to request reasonable accommodations is a simple process. Please read this information to learn more about documentation and other campus resources. This process is applicable for students on main campus, UA South, Phoenix campus, Graduate students and UA Online.
- Complete the DRC Accommodation Request Form online.
- Have your UA NetID and password available and your UA Student Identification number.
- Expect to spend between 5 and 15 minutes.
- Upload documentation about your disability and/or past use of accommodations that will assist DRC in considering your request.
- Scan your documentation and upload the file(s) after completing the request form.
- Call 520.621.3268 if you have questions or difficulty with file upload.
- Expect contact from a DRC Access Consultant about a week after you complete the form.
- Call DRC (520.621.3268) with questions.
- Submit the disability/accommodation documentation you have and think is appropriate
- Everyone is unique. A conversation about your experiences and expectations will help identify the information necessary to support your accommodation requests. Helpful information may include:
- Medical records
- Psychoeducational test reports
- School records
- Don't delay completing the Accommodation Request Form even if you don't have any formal disability-related paperwork.
If you are seeking disability related access and do not already have medical documentation, we strongly recommend that you first speak with a DRC Access Consultant prior to seeking documentation. Documentation may not be required for your particular request. If documentation is required, specific (or particular) information may be needed, and your Access Consultant can provide you with guidance.
- You are always welcome to talk with an Access Consultant about barriers you are experiencing or anticipate.
- Be aware that other universities and testing agencies (such as GRE or LSAT) may require more extensive documentation. Research their requirements well in advance of requesting accommodations
At the start of each fall semester, all new undergraduate students are required to attend one DRC Orientation session. Orientation will provide you an opportunity to meet with DRC staff and to set up accommodations. We welcome you to come with questions!
Please note: Orientation is NOT required for UA South, UA Phoenix Campus, UA Online students or Graduate students. We ask that you please contact DRC to schedule a phone or Skype meeting with an Access Consultant to discuss accommodations. Spring semester admits are not required to attend an orientation, but will receive the same information during their scheduled appointments with their assigned Access Consultant.
In this one-hour interactive session we will:
- Discuss your transition from high school to college and how access and accommodation may look at UA.
- Learn how to request and utilize classroom accommodations.
- Explore resources and technology that support your learning.
To make the most of your DRC Orientation, please bring a laptop or tablet and all course syllabi!
Before registering for a DRC Orientation session, please register with DRC and complete your initial appointment with your assigned Access Consultant either in person or by phone.
We encourage you to select an orientation date and time that your specific Access Consultant is presenting. If your class schedule does not allow you to attend an orientation with your Access Consultant, please select an alternate date and time from the full list.