February 20, 2012
Disability Resources is hosting a Peer Mentor program this semester. The program offers students the chance to network in a group setting with other students and/or to connect individually with a program facilitator. This opportunity is free and is being spearheaded by Gaby Ficchi and MC Beck, graduate students in the Rehabilitation Counseling program. As UA students themselves, Gaby and MC identify with the student population with whom they work. If you are interested in participating, please contact MC at firstname.lastname@example.org or Gaby at email@example.com. They can also be reached at 621-9559.
We meet weekly on two different days at 3:00 pm in Room D224, Highland Commons. Below are topics for discussion when we meet. Check it out! We look forward to having you join us!
- Week 3: 2/14 and 2/15 Navigating the Campus
- Week 4: 2/21 and 2/22 Rights, Responsibilities, & Advocacy
- Week 5: 2/28 and 2/29 Family Dynamics
- Week 6: 3/6 and 3/7 Friendships, Dating, Sexuality
- Week 7: 3/20 and 3/21 Societal Barriers
- Week 8: 3/27 and 3/28 Employment
- Week 9: 4/3 and 4/4 Recreation/Sports/Fitness
- Week 10: 4/10 and 4/11 OTHER- We are leaving the next two weeks open for students to discuss topics that are on their mind.
- Week 11: 4/17 and 4/18 OTHER
- Week 12: 4/24 Wrap up