Connecting with DRC to request reasonable accommodations is a simple process. Please read this information to learn more about documentation and other campus resources. This process is applicable for students on main campus, UA South, Phoenix campus and UA Online.
- Complete the DRC Accommodation Request Form online.
- Have your UA NetID and password available and your UA Student Identification number.
- Expect to spend between 5 and 15 minutes.
- Upload documentation about your disability and/or past use of accommodations that will assist DRC in considering your request.
- Scan your documentation and upload the file(s) after completing the request form.
- Call 520.621.3268 if you have questions or difficulty with file upload.
- Expect contact from a DRC Access Consultant about a week after you complete the form.
- Call DRC (520.621.3268) with questions.
- Submit the disability/accommodation documentation you have and think is appropriate
- Everyone is unique. A conversation about your experiences and expectations will help identify the information necessary to support your accommodation requests. Helpful information may include:
- Medical records
- Psychoeducational test reports
- School records
- Don't delay completing the Accommodation Request Form even if you don't have any formal disability-related paperwork.
- You are always welcome to talk with an Access Consultant about barriers you are experiencing or anticipate.
- Be aware that other universities and testing agencies (such as GRE or LSAT) may require more extensive documentation. Research their requirements well in advance of requesting accommodations
At the start of each fall semester, all new students are required to attend one DRC Orientation session. Orientation will provide you an opportunity to meet with DRC staff and to set up accommodations. Attending DRC Orientation may replace an individual meeting with an Access Consultant. We welcome you to come with questions!
Did you miss orientation? Want a review?
- Orientation is NOT required for UA South, UA Phoenix Campus or UA Online students. We ask that you please contact DRC to schedule a phone or Skype meeting with an Access Consultant to discuss accommodations.
- Spring semester admits are not required to attend an orientation, but will receive the same information during their scheduled appointments with their assigned Access Consultant.
In this one-hour meeting we will:
- Introduce DRC website and staff.
- Discuss how to request individual accommodations.
- Discuss strategies to successfully navigate campus and classroom.
- Explore communication strategies for connecting with faculty.
To make the most of your DRC Orientation, please bring a laptop or tablet and all course syllabi!
You will be able to register online for an orientation starting this summer, once you've registered with DRC.