If math and/or second language based courses creates barriers to your learning based on disability, you may request a course substitution. Courses determined by your College to be non-essential to your program of study may be substituted.
Steps to request a course substitution:
- Declare a major prior to requesting a substitution for Foundational courses
- Meet with an Access Consultant
- External information such as a school records or psychoeducational tests may be requested
- Accommodations which create an accessible course may be discussed and will thereby eliminate the need for course substitution
- If course substitution is established as a reasonable accommodation, we will inform your Academic Advisor that a course substitution is appropriate.
- You will meet with your Advisor to identify an appropriate substitute course.
If you change majors, contact DRC because the substitution may no longer be appropriate.
UA Academic Policy: Substitutions for Approved General Education Courses