When standard print is a barrier, textbooks and other printed academic materials, such as syllabi and articles, can be converted to electronic text, Braille or large print.
Requesting books prior to the start of the semester
- View your booklist in UAccess
- If no books are listed for your course(s), contact DRC for additional options.
- Email DRCfirstname.lastname@example.org with a list of the classes/books to request electronic formats. Include information about the title, author, publisher, copyright date, and ISBN
- DRC will contact the books’ publisher and will provide you with the accessible file if it is available.
- If publisher files aren’t available, DRC will scan and convert the text into e-text (see process below)
- NOTE: Verification that you have a copy of the requested textbook is required before electronic versions are provided.
DRC Conversion Process
- Provide books to the DRC
- Book binding will be removed
- Book will be scanned with a high-speed scanner.
- The book will be rebound with a plastic comb binder and returned to you.
- If you prefer to not have the book binding removed, DRC will not be able to process your request
- Provide a copy of the course syllabus
- DRC will send you installments of the book in e-text, according to your course syllabus