- Attend class on a regular basis
- Talk with the student about how to share notes:
- Email notes that are taken on an electronic device or scan hand-written notes.
- Use carbonless copy paper provided by the student.
- Make copies at the Disability Resource Center (DRC)
- Be creative… what works for the two of you?
- Share notes with student at least weekly.
- Have a back-up plan in place with another student if you miss class.
- Register with the DRC by completing the form as soon as you can. The DRC will send you a letter to document your volunteer experience at the end of the semester.
- As a general rule, it’s best to not broadcast that you are a class note-taker. Students have a right to privacy and how their personal information is shared.
- Let the DRC know if you have questions: (520) 621-3268 or email@example.com
Occasionally a student may have preferences for notes that do not match the note-taking style of the note-taker. If this happens with you, the student may let you know that he/she won’t need your notes any longer.
Likewise, if you find sharing your notes is not working out for you, please let the student know so that he or she can identify another volunteer.