What is Read & Write Gold
Thanks to a grant from the UA IT Student Advisory Board (ITSAB) TextHelp’s Read & Write Gold (RWG) is FREE and available for both Windows and Macs. This is an easy-to-use software with tools to assist you with reading, writing, studying and research.
(NetID and Password are required).Both Windows and Mac licenses are available. Install the program on all of your computers!
Why Use Read & Write Gold
"Read & Write family of literacy software makes the web, documents and files more accessible - any time, any place, and on any platform or device. It's great for people with dyslexia and other learning difficulties, or anyone whose first language isn't English."
RWG’s tools have the potential to increase student success and include:
- Text-to-speech – you can listen to your documents and web pages
- Create an MP3 of your documents to listen on the go
- Color Overlay - apply a color filter to make reading easier
- Voice recognition – talk to your computer and it types what you say
- Highlighting tools – highlight key points in your document
- Dictionary - to look up terms
Mac Users Error Message Solution
Just make sure you are online and click the "Activate" button, that's it! RWG will talk to servers to activate your license without additional input from you.
General Information/License Agreement Terms & Conditions
Eligibility: Faculty, staff, students
Version: 11.5 for Win and Version 6 for Mac
Platform: Windows and Mac
Questions? Contact Dawn Hunziker