Adaptive Fitness Center
Location: Disability Resource Center, Highland Commons
Parking: Parking is available in the adjacent Sixth Street Garage
UA Adaptive Athletics houses an adaptive fitness center to support the fitness and training goals of disabled athletes and community members. The fitness center has a variety of equipment designed to be easily accessible for wheelchair-users. Staff is available to consult with individuals on a fitness regimen. Exercise programs are designed to meet personal goals, and assessments and treatments are provided for short term or on-going training.
A variety of weight lifting and conditioning equipment is available:
- Crank Cycles
- Upper tone exercise equipment
- Equalizer multi-station machines
- Hoist and Hammer Strength machines
- Versa trainer (Bow Flex type) machine
- Saratoga Upper Extremity Ergometer
- SCI Fit upper and lower body ergometers
- Nu Step recumbent stepper
- Free weights
- Cuff Weights/Exercise mats
In addition to our fitness center, students have access to weight training equipment at the Campus Recreation Center.
Fitness Options for the Community
The fitness center is available to disabled community members with seasonal, four-month and year-long membership options.
Contact Mike Beardsley for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org or (520) 626-5792.