Students who may experience absences directly related to a disability may seek an accommodation from DRC. All requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis and in consultation with the course instructor.
In order to make a determination on reasonable accommodation, DRC staff will consult with on the following:
- What is the course policy regarding attendance?
- Is the attendance policy applied consistently? Are there exceptions to the policy made for extenuating circumstances, such as athletics or religious observation?
- How much interaction is there between the instructor and students and among students during class?
- Do student contributions constitute a significant component of the learning process?
- Does the design of the course rely on student participation as a significant method for learning?
- To what degree does a student’s failure to attend class compromise the educational experience of other students in the class?