Read & Write
What is Read & Write
Thanks to a grant from the UA IT Student Advisory Board (ITSAB) TextHelp’s Read & Write is FREE and available for both Windows and Macs. This is an easy-to-use software with tools to assist you with reading, writing, studying and research.
Download Read & Write
Both Windows and Mac licenses are available. Install the program on all of your computers! (NetID and Password are required)
Why Use Read & Write
"Read & Write family of literacy software makes the web, documents and files more accessible - any time, any place, and on any platform or device. It's great for people with dyslexia and other learning difficulties, or anyone whose first language isn't English."
Read & Write's tools have the potential to increase student success and include:
- Text-to-speech – you can listen to your documents and web pages
- Create an MP3 of your documents to listen on the go
- Color Overlay - apply a color filter to make reading easier
- Highlighting tools – highlight key points in your document
- Dictionary - to look up terms
Just make sure you are online, sign in with your UA email, and click the "Activate" button, that's it! Read & Write will talk to servers to activate your license without additional input from you.