To ensure communication access and inclusion during classroom activities, please consider the following:
- Captioning is encouraged for all videos and required if requested as a disability accommodation
- If American Sign Language Interpreters and/or CART (Communication Access Realtime Translation) Captioners are present, please help ensure there is sufficient space. ASL interpreters will need space in front near speaker so deaf individuals can have an unobstructed view of speaker and visuals.
- Don't assume individuals can read what is presented on slides. Describe all charts, graphs, and images and read content aloud if it is not incorporated into your speech.
- Handouts: To the extent possible, distribute electronic versions of materials in advance or have an electronic version available during class that a student could access with an electronic device. Bring large print copies (at least 18-point font) if requested as a disability accommodation.
- Assistive Listening: If amplified sound will be used, ensure an assistive listening system is available and working with a sufficient amount of assistive listening devices. Contact Classroom Technology Services (CTS) at (520) 621-3852 for more information.