Assistive Technology Resources
- How to make your device more accessible with Ease of Access in Windows 10 (Video)
- How to use OneNote accessibility features - Dictation, Immersive Reader, Translate & More (Video)
- Microsoft Learning Tools
- Office 365 Dictate (requires Internet connection)
- Color filters on Windows 10
- Mac Speak Selection
- Apple/Mac Voice Recognition (if you select "Enhanced Dictation," dictation can be used without internet connection)
- FREE for University of Arizona - NetID and Password are required
- Text to Speech
- Screen Overlays
- Word Prediction/homophone checker
- Predicts words / phrases as you type, providing assistance with spelling and/or amount of typing.
- Check for homophone errors. For example: He threw the ball vs. He went through the tunnel.
Additional Tools for Access
Text to Speech
Listen to digital content including text you have written:
Voice Recognition / Voice Input
Speak to the computer to write papers, emails, or control the computer.
Software for visual outlining/concept mapping to assist with the writing process
Color Masking Tools which may make reading on a computer screen a bit easier
Enlarge the screen for visually impaired individuals with limited speech reading capabilities
Reads all information on the computer screen allowing access for visually impaired individuals
Convert text into a Braille format to be embossed