Read & Write
What is Read & Write
Thanks to a grant from the University of Arizona IT Student Advisory Board (ITSAB) TextHelp’s Read & Write is FREE and available for both Windows and Macs. This is an easy-to-use software with tools to assist you with reading, writing, studying and research.
Download Read & Write on your devices - It's Free!
** When asked to sign in, select Google and use your University of Arizona email (netid) and password
- Select the "Download" button. Once downloaded, extract the files from the .zip file to install using the Read&Write.exe file.
- Additional Female Voices: Allison and Serena
- Select the "Download" button to download the .dmg file
- Additional female voices for Mac Version
Google Chrome plug-ins are available in Chrome Store.
- Read & Write for Chrome
- Texthelp PDF Reader
- If you are signing into Chrome Browser to sync settings, you need to use your UA email and password in order for Read and Write to work correctly.
Quick Start Guides and References:
|G-Suite Quick Reference Guide|
|Office 365 Quick Reference Guide|
Why Use Read & Write
Read & Write's tools have the potential to increase student success and include:
- Text-to-speech – you can listen to your documents and web pages
- Create an MP3 of your documents to listen on the go
- Color Overlay - apply a color filter to make reading easier
- Highlighting tools – highlight key points in your document
- Dictionary - to look up terms