Pregnant and Parenting Undergraduate Students, Graduate Students, and Employees
The University is committed to creating an inclusive and accessible environment for pregnant and parenting students and employees. A number of University resources are available for this population (see Resources, below).
Pregnant and parenting students and employees can often arrange necessary flexibility by working directly with their instructors, supervisors, or departments. Alternatively, pregnant employees (including those who are breastfeeding) and pregnant/parenting students may request reasonable accommodations through the Disability Resource Center (DRC). Students or employees need not affiliate with DRC unless they need support in arranging accommodations.
Examples of Accommodations for Employees
Discrimination against pregnant and parenting students and employees is prohibited by the University’s Nondiscrimination and Anti-harassment Policy. For more information, contact the University’s Office of Institutional Equity.
- University Lactation Rooms
- Paid Parental Leave for Employees
- Graduate Assistant/Associate Parental Leave
- Childcare & Housing Subsidy Program for Students
- Childcare Voucher Program for Employees
- Sick Child and Emergency/Back-Up Care Program for Employees & Students
- Family and Medical Leave