DRC staff will consult with you on assistive technology you may wish to explore as a University employee.
Ally easily transforms your course content into a format that works for you. Options to access your course readings include:
- MP3 Audio – Learn by listening.
- HTML – Create a web version for your mobile devices.
- Selectable Text PDF – Turn that scanned PDF into one you can highlight and interact with.
- EPub – Read using your eReader or tablet.
- BeeLine Reader – Read faster by using color gradients.
If you are having trouble using text-to-speech technologies with your digital textbooks, try this!
- Microsoft Accessibility Features
- How to make your device more accessible with Ease of Access in Windows 10 (Video)
- How to use OneNote accessibility features - Dictation, Immersive Reader, Translate & More (Video)
- Microsoft Learning Tools
- Using Read Aloud in MS Edge browser
- How to make reading more accessible with Microsoft Immersive Reader (Video)
- How to use Immersive Reader in Microsoft Teams (Video)
- How to use the Immersive Reader in the Microsoft Edge Browser (Video)
- Office 365 Dictate (requires Internet connection)
- How to Dictate using speech recognition (Video)
- Color filters on Windows 10
Additional Access Tools
Enlarge the screen for visually impaired individuals with limited speech reading capabilities
Reads all information on the computer screen allowing access for visually impaired individuals