Some exams are designed in ways that do not require accommodations, while the design or format of others present barriers. It is optimal that your testing experience be the same as your peers whenever possible.
Access can be achieved in different ways:
Accessible Tests in the Classroom/Online
You may find that the accommodations you’ve used in the past are not necessary in college. Many instructors make arrangements to accommodate students in class; this ensures your access to the instructor to ask questions, receive clarification, and have the same experience as your classmates. Instructors also design exams that minimize barriers. Examples where exams do not need to be scheduled at DRC:
- Take-home tests, papers or projects that offer more flexibility in how and when students complete the activity.
- Exams proctored via online exam platforms such as Zoom or Examity.
- Online exams designed to be taken in non-classroom settings.
- Exams started in the classroom and completed in another quiet location, like the instructor’s office.
DRC will contact you if your instructor provides accommodations on site or if the design of the exam already mitigates specific barriers. Talk with an Access Consultant if you have questions.
Testing at the DRC
DRC-Testing will be open with a reduced capacity for in-person classes. We will follow the University directive for face coverings for group instructional settings where face coverings are required, regardless of vaccination status. Should any changes or updates occur, we will adhere to all guidelines set by the University.
Only in-person courses that have in-person exams can be scheduled to be taken at DRC, no later than 3 business days in advance. Final exams must be scheduled two (2) weeks in advance.
Exams will be scheduled as close to class time as possible without overlapping with another class.
- Watch these tutorial videos to learn how to request accommodations and schedule exams at DRC. We also advise that students contact their instructors regarding their testing accommodations prior to exams
On day of exam
- Arrive on time and have your CatCard
Masks are required at all times in common areas and when taking an exam.
The entrance to the Testing Center is on the second floor in the southeast corner of the building. You can access the Testing Center by the external staircase or elevator at the southwest first floor area of the courtyard.
Arriving after the scheduled start time may result in DRC requiring approval from your instructor to administer the exam.
Unauthorized Materials & Cheating
- The DRC upholds the Code of Academic Integrity. Should you violate the policy, your instructor will be informed of the incident.
For your safety
- You are also welcome to wipe your desk before and after the exam with provided sanitation options.
- Students are expected to bring all allowed materials for the exam with them.
- Due to scheduling and limited seating, requests to move seats may not be possible.