Access to Lecture Content
DRC encourages you to consider the following instructional design techniques. Providing notes and resources to all students minimizes the need for individual note-taking accommodations.
- Post PowerPoint slides or lecture notes on a course website or D2L.
- Use lecture capture such as Panopto or podcast your lecture, in addition to posting PowerPoint slides.
- Create student groups that rotate the responsibility for sharing class notes.
- Allow and encourage students to use recorders, laptops and other technology to capture important lecture content.
- If a disabled student requests an accommodation for access to lecture content, DRC will consult with the instructor to determine if an accommodation is necessary.
- Instructors may be asked to:
- Recruit a volunteer note-taker from the class to share notes through DRC’s secure student portal. Ask a TA or preceptor to share notes.
- Provide a copy of your notes to the student.
- Disabled students may