Access at your in-person event
The information and considerations below will assist in ensuring an inclusive and accessible experience for all participants at your in-person event.
- Download accessible event signage
- Venue layout and accessibility
- Arrange space so that all guests can use common routes. Routes are wide, flat/paved and clear of debris.
- Integrate accessible seating options throughout the venue seating area with a minimum of 2 distinct options.
- Accessible cord covers are used to cover exposed cords or hoses on ground
- View full venue layout and accessibility guidelines
- Communication Access
- If amplified sound (microphone) is used, inform guests that assistive listening devices are available for loan.
- Captions should be enabled on pre-recorded videos.
- If providing handouts, ensure they are accessible documents.
- Service Animals on campus
Follow up after your event
Include questions about access on any event evaluations or assessments. For example:
- Were you able to request disability-related accommodations?
- Were you able to fully participate in this event?
- Do you have feedback on how to make this event more accessible next time?
Reflect on any accessibility-related issues and how to design differently in the future. Consider sharing any feedback with the venue.